Narrative Bio Sketch of Dr. Sudhir Parikh
- Physician in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Founder, Chairman and Publisher of Parikh Worldwide Media
- Public Affairs Influencer, Philanthropist, India Advocate and Supporter
More than 45 years Serving in the U.S. as a Physician:
- Dr. Parikh has been a leading Physician specialized in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. He has also been a visiting professor at teaching hospitals and a consultant. He later expanded his practice to create a conglomerate of more than 300 medical professionals to better serve different neighborhoods. He has created several jobs at his offices and made expert physicians available.
- In Covid related Efforts, his specialization made him an important part of Covid related medical interventions. Going beyond the call, he also participated in human clinical trials of new vaccines being researched.
- Dr. Parikh also worked hard in his capacity as a Senior Advisors to American Association of Physicians from India (AAPI) in partnership with Federation of Indian Associations (FIA) to gather a donation of medical equipment and supplies for India worth $45 million.
- As the Vice President of Global Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, Dr. Parikh has been instrumental in uniting the 1.5 million-strong global physicians’ workforce on one platform to be strong allies for India and its healthcare needs in crisis situation.
More than 45 years of Creating and Nurturing Government Relations in the U.S.:
- Dr. Sudhir Parikh has engaged for over 45 years in Paublic Affairs, lobbying, fostering government and community relations, dedicating himself to improving India-U.S. relations and working to raise awareness among high profile policymakers to benefit India
- He led the efforts as President of the Indian American Forum for Political Education, to form the India Caucus in the House of Representatives and Friends of India Caucus in the U.S. Senate.
- His forged relations and interventions with the then leading Congressmen including Gary Ackerman and Frank Pallone influenced them to join the Caucuses.
- His personal relations and efforts garnered political support for U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Deal from leading politicians including New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine, former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman, New York Senator Charles Schumer, New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez, New Jersey Congressmen Benjamin Gilman, Frank Pallone and Gary Ackerman.
More than 35 years as Founder, Chairman and Publisher of Parikh Worldwide Media:
- Dr. Parikh acquired print and broadcast media, uniting them into an Indian American Powerhouse Communication Giant, Parikh Worldwide Media (PWM). Drawing on Dr. Parikh’s first Journal on Policy Issues, PWM focuses on strategic communication to foster effective public engagement and build strong relationships with stakeholders. PWM comprises of 4 newspapers and a broadcast television channel in the U.S..
- ITV Gold Television Channel has a cumulative reach of over 30 million viewers. With important tie-ups with Sling TV; Spectrum, Altice and RCN Cable Platforms; and India’s State ownded Door Darshan, ITV Gold brings 14 hours of Door Darshan programs and News twice a day presenting India’s insider perspective.
- Print Media by PWM include English language News India Times, Desi Talk New York and Desi Talk Chicago, reaching more than 175,000 readers across the U.S. and more through the websites and epapers. Gujarat Times is published in Gujarati.
- Dr. Parikh and his PWN Unifies Indian American Community as it propagates the achievements of India and generates a keen interest in India and Indian culture. PWM draws the Indian community closer to create an effective voice to impact policymaking.
More than 45 years of Philanthropic Activities Fostering Community Relations:
- Dr. Parikh has been involved in philanthropic activities in the U.S. and in India through organizations working in India.
- Dr. Parikh’s continued philanthropy consists of donating free time on ITV Gold and free space in Print and Web Newspapers to any organization or individuals and to the young Indian Americans, aiming to build community relations.
- Dr. Parikh’s philanthropic activities as a physician have reached thousands in the U.S. and in India during Covid. As Chairman, Life Global USA, and Senior Advisor, Project Life, Gujarat, Dr. Parikh has organized Blood Donation Drives, Thalassemia Screenings, Women’s Self Employment, Built more than 100 Rural Primary Schools, Planted Trees and conducted Health and Wellness Programs.
- Dr. Parikh’s ongoing efforts as Vice President, GAPIO USA, Dr. Parikh has helped bring together 1.5 million Indian origin physicians from 57 countries for voluntary healthcare initiatives in India.
- Dr. Parikh has been performing philanthropic activities and holding positions with major organizations including the Akshay Patra Foundation USA which nourishes more than 2 million children in government schools at 67 locations in India, the Share and Care Foundation USA, the Ekal Vidyalaya USA with its tribal education program in India, the Knights of the Ecumenical Hospitaller Order of St. John of Malta which rehabilitates tribal families in India, the Nargis Dutt Memorial Foundation USA and American India Foundation USA.
Important Awards and Honors:
For Social Work:
- Padma Shri Award for Social Work from Government of India
- Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award for Social Work from Government of India
Important U.S. Awards:
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor in Philanthropy from National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations USA
- Lifetime Achievement Award USA in Medicine from American Association of Physicians from India
For U.S. – India Relations:
- Congressional Recognition USA for U.S.-India Relations from U.S. Congress, USA
- National Excellence Award for India-U.S. Relations from Government of India
- D. Lit Honorary Degree in Philanthropy from Udaipur Janardan University of Rajasthan, India
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Philanthropy from Share and Care Foundation USA
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Women’s Empowerment from Life Global USA
- Knights of Malta Award for Philanthropy from Ecumenical Hospitaller Order of St. John of Malta
- Global Gujarati Award for Community Service from Canadian Indian Foundation, Canada
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Vishwa Pratibha Award for Community Service from Vishwa Gujarati Samaj USA
- President’s Award for Contribution to Society from Jain Association International of North America, USA
- Grand Benefactor Award for Philanthropy from Vraj Temple USA